1) Drain pineapple; reserve syrup.
2) Add water to reserved syrup to equal 1 cup.
3) Combine with sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce.
4) Cook and stir until thickened.
5) Add pineapple, peppers and green onions; cook 1 minute longer.
6) Serve over poached halibut.
Poached Alaska Halibut:
1) Cover halibut, thawed if necessary, with boiling, salted water.
2) Add 2 slices onion, 2 slices lemon, 4 springs parsley and several peppercorns.
3) Simmer, covered, allowing 10 minutes per inch of thickness measured at its thickest part, or until halibut flakes when tested with a fork.
-1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks
-2 tbsp. sugar
-4 tsp. cornstarch
-¼ cup vinegar
-1 tbsp. soy sauce
-½ green or red pepper, cut into ¾ inch cubes
-¼ cup sliced green onions
-1 ½ lbs. hot poached Alaska halibut steaks (See below)