1) Mix together all dry-seasoning ingredients until well combined.
2) Place Alaska Halibut steaks on a non-stick or spray-coated baking sheet or broiler pan.
3) Brush butter onto top surface of halibut.
4) Sprinkle ½ teaspoon seasoning mixture over the surface of each halibut steak.
5) Broil 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
6) Store remaining seasoning mixture in airtight container for future use.
Note: This seasoning mixture works well on Alaska Pollock & Cod fillets, too! Just brush fillets with butter before sprinkling with spices & broil.
Side Dishes include:
1) Steam or boil 12 oz. fresh asparagus until tender, about 5 minutes.
2) Pour 1 tablespoon melted butter over asparagus and serve.
1) Clean and shred 3 medium carrots.
2) Microwave on HIGH setting 90 seconds.
3) Season with salt & pepper, toss to blend.
-1 tbsp. paprika
-1 ½ tsp. each dried oregano and dried thyme
-1 tsp. each onion powder and garlic powder
-1 tsp. each black pepper and salt
-½ tsp. cayenne pepper
-1 ½ tbsp. butter, melted
-4 (6 oz. each) Alaska halibut steaks, thawed if necessary