1) Sauté garlic in butter about 5 minutes or until softened.
2) Add half-&-half and whipping cream; heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until thickened and reduced to 2-½ cups liquid.
3) Add smoked salmon, tomatoes and chives; heat thoroughly over low heat about 2 minutes.
4) Season with salt and pepper.
5) Cook linguine in boiling water about 10 minutes or until barely tender; drain.
6) Fold hot pasta into cream sauce; place on serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
*Four ounces kipper smoked salmon, coarsely chopped or flaked, can be substituted.
**One pound fresh linguine or fettuccine noodles can be substituted.
-1 tbsp. garlic, minced
-¼ cup butter or margarine
-2 cups each half-&-half and whipping cream
-4 oz. julienne Alaska Lox, or Nova Smoked Salmon*
-½ cup peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
-1 tbsp. chives
-salt & ground white pepper to taste
-8 oz. linguine or fettuccine**
-½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1 tbsp. minced parsley