1) Cook orange juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it is reduced to the consistency of syrup (makes about 1/4 cup); let cool slightly.
2) Place onion, lime juice, mustard and chili powder in a blender; add cooled syrup.
3) Blend 30 seconds. Then, with blender running, slowly drizzle in the salad dressing so that the mixture emulsifies.
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Lightly season the Alaska salmon fillets or steaks with salt and pepper.
3) Heat and oven-proof saute pan 2 minutes, then add 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
4) Sear the salmon fillets/steaks on one side for 2-3 minutes.
5) Turn salmon fillets/steaks over and place the entire pan into the oven.
6) Bake 4-8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
7) To serve, make a 1 oz. pool of the orange vinaigrette sauce in the center of 4 plates.
8) Top with a salmon fillet/steak and garnish with 1 tsp. of chopped cilantro.
-4 Alaska salmon fillets or steaks (6-8 oz. each), thawed if necessary
-1 cup orange juice
-1-1/2 tbsp. red onion, minced
-1-1/2 tbsp. lime juice
-1 tsp. Honey-Dijon mustard
-1 tsp. chili powder
-1/2 cup fat free Italian salad dressing
-4 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-salt and pepper, to taste