1) Bring water and lemon juice to a boil in medium-sized skillet.
2) Stir in chicken granules.
3) Reduce heat to a simmer and place salmon steaks or fillets in pan.
4) Cover and simmer over low heat, 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
5) Remove salmon from pan; keep warm.
6) Boil remaining liquid in pan until it reduces to approximately ¼ cup.
7) Whisk in butter and stir in capers.
8) Spoon sauce over fish.
9) Season with pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
10) Server on a bed of cooked noodles, if desired.
Note: Recipe may be easily doubled.
-½ cup water
-2 tsp. lemon juice
-1/8 tsp. chicken broth granules
-2 (4 to 6 oz. each) Alaska salmon steaks or fillets, thawed if necessary
-1 tbsp. butter
-1 tbsp. capers
-black pepper, to taste
-chopped parsley, for garnish
-cooked noodles, optional