1) Bring water, wine and lemon juice to a boil in medium-sized skillet.
2) Stir in chicken granules.
3) Reduce heat to a simmer, and place halibut steaks in the pan.
4) Cover and simmer over low heat, 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
5) Remove fish from pan; keep warm.
6) Boil remaining liquid in pan until it reduces to approximately 1/4 cup.
7) Whisk in butter, and stir in capers.
8) Spoon sauce over fish. Season with pepper, and sprinkle with parsley.
9) Serve on a bed of cooked noodles, if desired.
*Recipe may be easily doubled.
-1/4 cup water
-1/4 cup white wine
-2 tsp. Lemon juice
-1/8 tsp. Chicken granules 2 (4 oz. each) Alaska halibut steaks, thawed if necessary
-1 tbsp. Butter
-1 tbsp. Capers
-Black pepper, to taste
-Chopped parsley, for garnish
-Cooked noodles, optional