1) Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2) Stir in garlic.
3) Season salmon fillets or steaks on both sides with lemon pepper.
4) Place fillets or steaks in pan and cook for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
5) Flip fillets or steaks halfway through cooking to brown on both sides.
6) Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.
*If desired, olive oil may be substituted for butter.
-2 tbsp. butter*
-2 tsp. minced garlic
-1 tsp. lemon pepper
-2 (4 to 6 oz. each) Alaska salmon fillets or steaks, thawed if necessary