1) Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2) Stir in garlic.
3) Season halibut steaks on both sides with lemon pepper.
4) Place steaks in pan and cook for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
5) Flip steaks halfway through cooking to brown on both sides.
6) Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.
*If desired, olive oil may be substituted for butter.
-2 tbsp. butter*
-2 tsp. minced garlic
-1 tsp. lemon pepper
-2 (4 to 6 oz. each) Alaska halibut steaks, thawed if necessary