1) Place salmon steaks or fillets in a glass dish.
2) Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over salmon.
3) Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator 4-6 hours.
4) Remove salmon from marinade and place on a well-oiled grill 5 inches from coals.
5) Grill for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork. Turn halfway through cooking.
-4(4 to 6 oz. each) Alaska salmon steaks or fillets, thawed if necessary
-¼ cup peanut oil
-2 tbsp. soy sauce
-2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-2 tbsp. chopped green onions
-1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
-1 clove garlic, minced
-¾ tsp. grated ginger
-½ tsp. red chili flakes (or more to taste)
-½ tsp. sesame oil