1) Add half the lime juice, garlic, jalapeno pepper and onion to a mixing bowl. Add the avocado, tomato and cilantro; toss gently, trying not to mash the avocado. Taste, add more lime juice, salt and pepper as necessary. Hold aside, chilled.
2) Mix the chili powder, salad dressing and crushed garlic in a bowl.
3) Toss and lightly rub the Alaska halibut cubes with the chili mixture and let marinate, refrigerated, for 1-2 hours.
4) Place 5-6 halibut cubes on each of the 8 skewers.
5) Cook the kabobs on a lightly oiled, medium-hot grill, turning until the juices run clear (approximately 8-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish).
6) Place 1 skewer on each of eight serving plates; remove the halibut cubes from the skewer.
7) Divide the salsa among the eight plates and serve.
- 2 lbs. Alaska halibut (thawed if necessary), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 skewers
- 1 tbsp. Chili power
- 4 tbsp. Fat free Italian salad dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 1/2 avocado, medium dice
- 1 large tomato, medium dice
- 1/2 red onion, medium dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, small dice
- juice of 1-2 limes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Fresh cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste