1) Mix together mustard and chopped tarragon, hold aside.
2) Season Alaska salmon steaks/fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
3) Place in a pan just large enough to hold the salmon in 1 layer.
4) Add the champagne, lime juice and just enough water to cover the fish.
5) Remove the fish and bring the liquid to a boil. Return the salmon steaks/fillets to the pan.
6) Top each with an onion slice, capers and tarragon sprig.
7) Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pan with foil and poach at no more than a simmer fro 6-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon).
8) Remove salmon steaks/fillets from the liquid and place on 4 warm serving plates.
9) Top each piece of fish with 1 oz. of the mustard mixture and serve.
-4 Alaska salmon steaks or fillets (6-8 oz. each), skin and bones removed
-2 cups champagne
-1/4 cup fresh lime juice
-4 slices red onion
-1 tbsp. capers, optional
-4 sprigs fresh tarragon
-1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard
-1-1/2 tsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
-salt and pepper, to taste