1) Heat a heavy skillet over high heat for 15-20 minutes.
2) Mix mayonnaise with 1-2 tsp. of Cajun spice. Taste, add salt, pepper or more Cajun spice as necessary; hold aside.
3) Lightly oil both sides of the Alaska salmon steaks/fillets and sprinkle with the remaining Cajun spice (the more you add, the hotter it becomes).
4) Place salmon in the hot skillet to blacken; cook 2-3 minutes on the first side, turn and finish cooking. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of fish and the heat of pan.
5) Spread 1 tbsp. of the mayonnaise mixture onto each French roll.
6) Top each with a blackened salmon steak/fillet, 2 slices of tomato and 1/4 cup of the shredded cabbage and serve.
-4 Alaska salmon steaks or fillets (4-6 oz. each), boneless and skinless
-4 6-inch French rolls, lightly toasted, remove some of inside breading
-1 cup shredded cabbage (mix of green and red, if possible)
-8 slices tomato
-4 tbsp. low fat mayonnaise
-1/4 cup plus 1-2 tsp. prepared Cajun spice
-salt and pepper, to taste