1) Drain salmon and break into chunks*. Set aside.
2) Mix together potatoes with egg whites and parsley until smooth and well combined.
3) Gently fold in salmon and green onions.
4) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
5) Form mixture into 1/4 cup patties, coat with bread crumbs and fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
6) Serve with Horseradish-Dill Sauce.
*Note: The small amount of bones and skin are completely edible and a source of calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. Simply blend skin and bones with salmon and other ingredients.
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
-1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
-1/4 tsp. dill weed
-black pepper to taste
1) Whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
-1 can (14-3/4 oz.) Alaska salmon
-2-1/2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
-2 egg whites
-1 tbsp. chopped parsley
-1/2 cup sliced green onions
-oil for frying
-dry bread crumbs