1) Place salmon in a large, non-reactive pan or dish.
2) Combine remaining ingredients except vegetable oil.
3) Pour marinade over salmon, turning to coat both sides.
4) Cover and marinate in the refrigerator, 1 hour.
5) To cook, remove salmon from marinade, reserving marinade.
6) Pat salmon dry with a paper towel.
7) Heat small amount of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
8) Cook salmon, working in batches if necessary, for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until salmon juice flakes when tested with a fork.
9) Remove salmon from pan and keep warm. Discard oil from pan. Add reserved marinade.
10) Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, 8-10 minutes.
11) Serve salmon fillets with approximately 1/4 cup sauce per serving.
-6 (4-6 oz. each) Alaska salmon fillets, thawed if necessary
-1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
-1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-1/4 cup dry vermout
-1 tbsp. minced garlic
-1 tbsp. brown sugar
-1-1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
-1 tsp. Asian sesame oil
-vegetable oil, as needed