1) Remove skin and bones from halibut; cut into 1-inch cubes.
2) Season halibut with salt and pepper.
3) Sauté in 2 tablespoons oil until barely cooked; remove halibut from skillet.
4) Sauté vegetables in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
5) Return halibut to skillet. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and ginger.
6) Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and lemon peel; add to fish mixture.
7) Cook and stir until thickened and halibut flakes when tested with a fork.
*1/4-teaspoon ground ginger may be substituted.
-1 lb. Alaska halibut , thawed if necessary
-salt & pepper
-3 tbsp. oil, divided
-1 cup each thinly sliced carrots, sliced celery, diagonally sliced green onions and broccoli florets
-¼ tsp. grated gingerroot*
-¼ cup chicken broth or water
-2 tsp. cornstarch
-1 tsp. grated lemon or lime peel