1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Combine wine and salt; pour over halibut. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
3) Rinse halibut and drain on paper towels.
4) Dip both sides of halibut in breadcrumbs and place in shallow buttered baking dish.
5) Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and green onions; spread over halibut and sprinkle with paprika.
6) Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, or until halibut flakes when tested with a fork.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ lbs. Alaska halibut steaks, thawed if necessary
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup each sour cream & mayonnaise
- ¼ cup minced green onions