top of page
1) Remove skin and bones from halibut; cut into bite-sized pieces.
2) Sauté vegetables in 3 tablespoons butter.
3) Add halibut, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
4) Add milk and heat gently.
5) Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter with flour and add to chowder. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
6) Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts.
7) Sprinkle with parsley.
-2 lbs. Alaska halibut , thawed if necessary
-½ cup each finely chopped onions, green peppers, celery and carrots
-6 tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
-3 cups chicken broth
-¾ tsp. salt
-½ tsp. white pepper
-2 cups milk
-3 tbsp. flour
-2 ½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
-1 tbsp. minced parsley
bottom of page