1) Remove Alaska crab meat from shell; cut into bite-size pieces.
2) Place oil in a large skillet.
3) Add onion, celery and bell pepper; saute over medium-high heat until soft (approximately 10-12 minutes).
4) Add garlic and bay leaves; reduce heat.
5) Combine 1/2 cup water and clam juice; add flour and mix together well.
6) Pour clam juice into skillet with onion and bell pepper and stir until the mixture starts to thicken.
7) Add Alaska crab meat, parsley and green onion.
8) Cook 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
9) Remove the bay leaves.
10) Taste, adding Cayenne pepper and salt as needed. Serve over rice or a Southern favorite: beans and rice.
-2 lbs. Alaska crab legs (King, Snow or Dungeness), thawed if necessary
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-2 cups onion, chopped
-1 cup celery, chopped
-1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
-2 tsp. garlic, minced
-2 bay leaves
-1/2 cup clam juice
-1 tbsp. flour
-2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped fine
-3 tbsp. green onion, chopped
-salt and cayenne pepper, to taste